Free seeds

We want to See you Grow!

We want to See you Grow!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Transplanting 101

CANNABIS CULTURE - Master grower Subcool shows you how to transplant your babies and get them ready to grow!

Here's how it's done: Clones and new seeds are always placed into 1 gallon nursery pots without any Super Soil or added nutrients. Use only a good, balanced potting soil that won’t burn your baby plants. They will only stay in these smaller pots for a few weeks while the roots get established and you shape and top them.
It's very important to not procrastinate when it is time to transplant out of these smaller containers. If you get lazy and let your small plants sit around in their starter containers, it will slow the transition process after transplanting. I have seen first hand the huge difference when I gave some clones to a card holder. The day I transplanted I had 4 extra clones that I passed to him. Instead of transplanting right away he waited until they were root bound and looking poorly. I was able to harvest 30 days before him and the quality and quantity difference was hard to believe. My method is not for the lazy or procrastinating type; the more on top of each technique you become, the better each harvest will become as well.
When I'm ready to transplant into the final pots I use #10 nursery pots that will hold a full 7 gallons of liquid. Seven may not sound much bigger than a 5, but let me tell you these slanted #10 pots hold a bunch of soil! Make sure to lift properly using your legs and not your back when moving one that’s just been watered.

No comments:

Post a Comment